Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) – Primarily funded by the Federal Government, the Ministry currently superintends almost fifty parastatals operating as either key departments or agencies across the country. The Ministry has 2 major departments namely Technical and Service Departments. Technical Departments: Agriculture (Trees and Crops), Fisheries, Livestock, Land Resources, Fertilizer, Food Reserve & Storage and Rural Development. Service Departments: Finance, Human Resources, Procurement, PPAS (Plan, Policy, Analysis & Statistics) and Co-operatives.
We are recruiting qualified and competent candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Knowledge Management & Communication Officer
Location: Akure, Ondo
- The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD), in collaboration with International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFÀD) and the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), are implementing a Livelihood Improvement Family Enterprises in the Niger Delta states (LIFE-ND).
- To facilitate implementation of the project, the partners want qualified and competent personnel from the region to fill the position of Ondo State Knowledge Management and Communication Officer (SKMO).
- The Knowledge Management and Communications Officer (KMCO) will be responsible for coordinating project implementation at the state level.
- The Officer will work closely with the KMC Coordinator at the NPCO and the KMC Advisor at the Central Communications Unit in implementing MC activities.
- Manage the implementation of the KMC strategy of the project at the state level.
- Develop KMC activities for the annual work plan and budget (AWPB).
- Prepare an annual KMC plan of actions for enhancing institutional culture of learning and knowledge-sharing.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing events and policy dialogues among project stakeholders.
- Ensure that innovative experiences, learning and good practices are captured. synthesized, documented and shared continuously within the project, within the relevant stakeholders.
- Play a leading role in knowledge capitalization, develop evidence based knowledge products and ensure wider dissemination.
- Develop and update project stakeholders contact list and mailing lists for dissemination of project knowledge products.
- Guide staff on information collection, processing, and information dissemination methods.
- Play a leading role in external relations, building relations with media and communications personnel, liaison and public relations.
- In close collaboration with the State M&E Officer, ensure results from various studies including quality management, reporting, and monitoring and evaluation are translated into evidence-based knowledge products.
- Establish information technology requirements for effective implementation of the KMC strategy using social media and internet tools.
- Plan and coordinate communication and advocacy campaigns through mass media, newsletters, stakeholder meetings, and other communication channels as appropriate.
- Assist in developing integrated information systems to enable M&E of project activities.
- Monitor and evaluate performance of the project’s KM strategy atthe state level.
- Contribute to the drafting of periodic project progress reports.
- Maintain updated cataloguing of the project’s knowledge assets/online resoujee materials.
- Undertake other KMC tasks as required.
Reporting and Location:
- The position is in Akure, Ondo State.
- The KMCO will report directly to the State Project Coordinator.
Qualifications and Experience
- Higher Level University Degree or equivalent in a field related to Communications, Journalism, Development or a related discipline.
- Minimum of three years of experience in information, knowledge management, and/or development communication, preferably in the agriculture and rural development sector. Experienee in media relations, ICT and extension will be an advantage.
- Proven ability in documentation and advocacy; demonstrated capacity to develop and oversee implementation of documentation of programme results, presentations, communication and reporting skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; experience of interacting with a variety of internal and external stakeholders,
- High degree of motivation, initiative, independence, reliability, adaptability, and professional maturity; and places a premium on “getting things done”.
- Strong project management and coordination skills; able to handle multiple tasks and balance priorities with various stakeholders
- Experience on media relations and experience with donors funded projects.
Tenure of Appointment
- The appointment will be for a period of two (2) years in the first instance, renewable subject to satisfactory performance acceptable to FGN/IFAD.
Application Closing Date
17th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications with detailed CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.