Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within Now, and for the future. In Nigeria, Mercy Corps has worked since 2012 by focusing its programming on adolescent girls’ empowerment, economic development, conflict mitigation, and humanitarian response.
JOB TITLE: Finance Archivist
JOB LOCATION: Abuja (FCT)
Reports Directly To: Senior Finance Officer
Works Directly with: Finance, Program, Operations and other MC support teams
Employment Type: Contract
Proposed start date: June 1st, 2022
End date: December 31st, 2022
- The Mercy Corps Finance Department is responsible for all financial functions in Nigeria, including accounting, payments and banking, Payroll, budgeting, financial reporting, and srant financial management and compliance.
- The Mercy Corps Finance Department ensures compliance with donor regulations as well as Mercy Corps Internal policies and procedures.
- In its role as a support to the Programs and other Departments, the Finance Department provides timely reports and assistance to all departments, senior management and HQ to ensure that financial resources are used efficiently and effectively.
- Working in the Finance Department under the direction of the Accounting Manager and in close collaboration with the field Logistics/Administration offices and other support and program team staff.
- The consultant will be responsible for accurate and well-organized Finance documentation both physical and electronic to suit internal and external users in line with Mercy Corps policies and procedures as melt as relevant regulatory requirements
Essential Job Functions
- Understand Mercy Corps policies, procedures, giantrequirements and documentation requirements.
- Understand Mercy Corps FFM, procurement, assets mgt, H R policies and procedures
- Quality Control of financial Documents for completeness and proper referencing before archiving
- Archiving of all physical financial documents after ensuring they are complete and fully approved and reviewed in accordance with the cut rent AAM.
- Scanning and uploading of audit sample documents on google-drive and finance shared local-drive both for current and future uses.
- Compiling necessary documents for review
- Help with the process of Organizing and scanning document packages and other documents as requester by HO to be uploaded on relevant folders.
- Assist in initial sorting and review of timesheets for coding, leave, holidays, etc.
- Manage the Finance Archives and ensure monthly update of the Finance Archiving Index
- Prepare scanned and photocopies of vouchers and other purporting documents as required for the monthly resorting package to HQ Finance.
- Support audits (donor, internal, external and statutory) by retrieving and re-filing documents in a timely manner
- File all cash and bank vouchers and maintain voucher filing system such that files are updated, complete and safeguarded.
- Keeps record of all cash, bank, advances, and regularly updates
- Prints off all payment vouchers and matches with the documents to be filed.
- Makes sure all required documents are attached; calculations are correct, appropriate approvals and
- reviews made per the AAM before payment of any cash or bank payments.
- Match invoices/receipts with payment vouchers, GRN and other required. documents.
- Keep all finance documents and reports are properly filed, labeled and stored in a clear and easily
- accessible manner following FFM.
- Be adaptable and flexible to take new tasks and new assignments as requested from time to time.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner .as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian. mission
- Any Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Experience
- Diploma or Advanced certificate or its equivalent in Accounting, Management Science or a related field.
- 1 year of experience in handling proper office documentation.
- Office management skills is a plus
- Computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Willing to travel to Mercy Corps offices and take temporary assignments.
- Fluency in English, and Hausa languages will be an advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.