MacTay Consulting – We are one of the first and leading management consulting firm in Nigeria, providing HR services to our clients in Africa since 1982. We focus on adding value to organisations through customized solutions that meet our clients’ needs. We have a proven track record of providing excellent services that impact our clients’ businesses.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: English Tutor
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Creating grammar courses.
- Demystify the rules of concord, sentence construction and grammar.
- Organize and execute lessons.
- Develop materials and activities.
- Hands out assignments and interesting exercises.
- Detect students that needs extra attention and create customized plans.
- Grade test and homework
- Offer useful feedback for student improvement
- Research and deploy improved teaching methods
- Report to parents about their ward’s performance
- Put together lesson plans in order to effectively incorporate the allotted duration of each lesson
- Impart lessons efficiently using diverse styles of teaching subject to the content
- Help students understand the structure and rules of the English language
- Teach students how to correctly pronounce words
- Help students learn how to think critically in poetry and literature.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 2 years working experience as a teacher or tutor in a classroom, bringing this knowledge in practical terms in relating with students.
- Must be a proficient first English language speaker
- A patient, calm, and understanding personality
- Passionate about student learning and education in general
- Should be psychologically aware of the demands of the job and patient enough to follow up students who might not be fast in learning.
- Have some impressive educational qualifications to match with natural teaching skills
- Have possessed some degrees in education and in colleges of education and universities in combination with other paraprofessional courses.
- English tutors must be adept with core skills in English, Math, and other related fields
- Should be able to plan and execute lessons sequentially.
- Should have excellent communication skills to be able to communicate with students and parents effortlessly.
- Should be able to simplify lessons to enable easy understanding.
- Should be patient enough to follow through with students who are slow in learning and lacking great retention abilities.
- Should be able to compile lessons sequentially.
- Ability to dish out lessons in engaging and meaningful manner while making it a bit fun for the students.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, to be able to make presentation if need be.
- Ability to work effectively and cordially within a team with other members. Of course this is a team consisting of the parents/guardians, tutor, and the students.
N50,000 – N60,000 Monthly.
Application Closing Date
25th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Intereted and qualified candiates should:
Click here to apply online