JOB TITLE: Business Development Officer
JOB LOCATION: Abuja
Employment Type: Contract
- The Business Development Officer will work on the organization’s new business efforts in Africa through a mix of regular and on-demand tasks
- Under the guidance of the New Business and Grants Manager, s/he will work to win local business, as well as provide support to other business efforts.
- Facilitate winning new business in Nigeria and other business units.
- Support the development of proposals across market segments – donor, foundation, private sector and Government of Nigeria.
- Support interdepartmental coordination with Program, Operations, Awards and Finance team for proposal development.
- Conduct on-line background/contextual research and analysis of relevance to proposal opportunities.
- Generate standard monthly reports and customized monthly reports for the knowledge management team
- Cultivate strong relationships with potential clients, while maintaining existing client relationships
- Track data, collate and maintain client information as needed
- Other duties as specified by the New Business and Grants Manager and other assigned authorities.
- Support the Country Office to successfully win and manage medium and large grants, including support management of Country Portfolio and setting financial targets.
- Develop and recommend short-term and long-term strategies for business expansion through identifying new business in Nigeria.
- Proactively track and engage with market segments to identify business opportunities
- Provide proposal inputs to proposals managed by other business units to include but not limited to identification and engagement of local partner, research and proposal draft reviews
- Facilitate field research for proposal development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Development Practice, Social Science, Political Science, International Relations or relevant field; an Advanced Degree is preferred.
- Proven track record in writing and producing winning bids and proposals for institutional donors, corporates / private sector and others.
- Strong understanding and experience with institutional donor funding mechanisms and contract regulations.
- Excellent writing/editing, reporting, budget development and presentation/communication skills.
- Experience in coordinating development of large-scale or strategic proposals, including the development of multi-million-dollar project budgets.
- 3-4 years’ experience in international development, with solid experience in at least two priority sectors: education, protection, humanitarian, child rights governance, health and nutrition.
- Demonstrated experience in business development in the development sector, inclusive of proposal development for donor organizations like USAID, DFID, World Bank, FCO.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using “Business Development Officer” as the subject of the email.
- Only Nigerian nationals or people with a Nigerian work permit can apply, as sponsorship will not be offered for this position.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.